The punishable perils of plagiarism - Melissa Huseman D'Annunzio
- 336,376 Views
- 60,153 Questions Answered
- TEDEd Animation
The OWL at Purdue (Online Writing Lab) Here you'll find numerous articles on topics such as Contextualizing Plagiarism, Authorship and Popular Plagiarism, Copyright, Collaborative Authorship, Avoiding Plagiarism, Summarizing, Paraphrasing, Quoting, and using MLA and APA citations. Also, you can find extensive Research and Citation Resources on topics such as Conducting Research, Using Research, APA Style, MLA Style, and Chicago Manual of Style.
The Plagiarism Spectrum: Instructor Insights into the 10 Types of Plagiarism TurnItIn, the study’s authors, polled both higher and secondary education instructors in order to produce this White Paper. The authors acknowledge that, “the lines of what constitute plagiarism are blurring as the Internet reshapes culture and education” (3), and they provide definitions and examples of the ten most common types of plagiarism. The White Paper includes attractive graphics, scales on both the frequency and “problematic” nature of the different types of plagiarism, and samples of plagiarism by type. A 2’ x 3’ infographic poster is also available.
- APA style for documentation is used in many of the social and behavioral sciences.
- The rules of APA Style are detailed in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- MLA style for documentation is widely used in the humanities, especially in writing on language and literature.
- The MLA publishes an authoritative explanation of MLA style entitled The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers.
- This style guide is widely used in the fields of literature, history, and the arts.
- Based on the Chicago Manual of Style, Kate Turabian’s A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations has an academic focus.
- CSE style for documentation is used in the biological sciences.
- The SCE publishes the rules of CSE style in The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers.
Create and share a new lesson based on this one.