Additional Resources for you to Explore
People who score high on openness are likely to feel comfortable meeting new people, going to new places, and trying new things.Try this personality test from Psychologist World to find out your level of openness.http://www.psychologistworld.com/influence_persona...
“• Judge less–or at least later.
• Give new ideas and images a chance.
• Understand that everyone has his own truth or her own.
• Remember: you are not married to any belief, opinion, or ideology.
• Expect to discover something delicious every day. (260)”Victoria Moran, Younger by the Day : 365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your SpiritFor further reading try these articles on the openness personality trait:Schretlen, D. J., Gordon, B., Van der Hulst, E. J., Pearlson, G. D. (2009). A Neuropsychological Study of Personality: Trait Openness in Relation to Intelligence, Fluency, and Executive Functioning. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 32(10), 1068–1073.García, L. F., Aluja, A., García, O., Lara Cuevas, L. (2009). Is Openness to Experience an Independent Personality Dimension? Convergent and Discriminant Validity of the Openness Domain and its NEO-PI-R Facets. Journal of Individual Differences, 26(3),132–138.
Contributor small
Lesson Creator
Recent science has indicated that our genes make up roughly 40% of our personality, and that the other 60% is environmentally influenced. Epigenetics is revealing that our environment may actually influence how our genes are switched on and off from conception all the way through death. It is interesting that the openness personality trait might increase the likelihood a person will travel and that traveling can effect gene expression, possibly increasing the likelihood that one will be open.
03/08/2014 • 
 0 Responses
 / 0 Updates