The New Era of Cognitive Computing
Lesson created by Eric Brown using
Video from TEDPartners YouTube Channel
As intelligent computer systems become more adept at learning and adapting, they are introduced into new industries and forge relationships with humans that recall something from a science fiction novel. Here, IBM researcher Eric Brown shares Watson’s new role in healthcare and leaves us in awe of the possibilities the technology can bring to the human life through medicine.
- Learn about the inner workings of Watson in this short film that reveals the science behind its answers.
- Ken Jennings’ TED Talk on his run in with Watson on Jeopardy and makes a case for good old fashioned human knowledge
- NBR’s recent report on Watson’s move towards patient care
- Watson’s journey to medical school
- Experts weight in on Watson’s potential to revolutionize the way we practice medicine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWHG7DMLurE
- As we begin to prepare for Watson’s arrival into our health lives, brush up on how to live with robots with this playlist of TED Talks.